Program and Abstract
Michael Otter, Director General, Advantage Austria, Austrian Federal Economic Chamber
Commissioner General of Republic of Serbia at Expo Dubai 2020 Special advisor to the Deputy prime minister and minister of trade, tourism and telecommunications of the Republic of Serbia
Manfred F. Berger, Managing Director of Neusicht Think Tank
Piotr Ploszajski, Warsaw School of Economics (SGH) and Co-Founder & Lecturer of the so-called Digital University at SGH.
The well-educated workforce at lower costs has been a strong argument for multinationals to go east. However, bringing up low productivity rates has been a constant challenge for them. Today, the task is expanded to finding and qualifying people for the digital economy. The shrinking of the workforce, a skills shortage and a continuing brain drain are not making the task easier.
- Manufacturing management practices in Southeast Europe
Jelena Cerar and Phillip Nell, Competence Center for Emerging Markets & CEE, WU Vienna
- Future of work and cultural change - Stay focused on people!
Günther Tengel, Managing Partner & owner of Amrop Jenewein.
- The transformation of work – Employment models in the future
Oktay Erciyaz, CEO of Trenkwalder Group
- Learning in the flow of work – when brain science meets learning technology
Michaela Meier, CEO of Trenkwalder Learning
- Do you step up - How to attract Generation Z?
Olga Knyazeva, Regional HR Business Partner Central and Eastern Europe/Diversity Manager Europe at Henkel
- Panel discussion
Moderator: Manfred Berger, Neusicht Think Tank
CEE is home to many innovative firms that have become global players (e.g. Skype, AVAST, ESET, Walltopia, CD Project). Start-ups with innovative solutions attract the attention of multinationals and venture capitalists. Entrepreneurial initiative makes up for insufficient funding opportunities. A large ICT talent pool, vibrant digital ecosystems and highly motivated entrepreneurs position the economies well to capture the growth opportunities resulting from digitalization.
- How to become a global market leader in artificial climbing walls –the Walltopia story
Ivaylo Penchev, Founder and CEO of Walltopia, Sofia
- From Digital Commerce to Speech Recognitation % Car Connectivity – Fortech from the Romanian Cluj Valley
Calin Vaduva, CEO, Fortech, Cluj-Napoca
- Scaling-up in/from Eastern Europe – the UiPath journey
Andrei Roth, Campus Manager, UiPath, Cluj –Napcoa
- Digitalizing the insurance business – CHERRISK by UNIQA
Krisztián Kurtisz, CEO and Founder of CHERRISK
- Panel discussion
Moderator: Arnold Schuh, WU Vienna