Gudrun Hager, Regional Director Western and Central Europe, ADVANTAGE AUSTRIA
Overview of the Program
Manfred F. Berger, Partner of ICONIC Consulting & Founder of NEUSICHT
Keynote speakers shed light on the developments in CEE from different perspectives - EU,
politics, economics, and business.
- Introduction to congress topic: Arnold Schuh, Director of the Competence Center for
Emerging Markets, WU Vienna
- The EU view: Martin Selmayr, Head of Representation of the European Commission in
- The CEE macro-economic view:
o Gunter Deuber, Head of Economics, Raiffeisen Research, Raiffeisen Bank
o Vladimir Vano, Chief Economist, GLOBSEC
- The CEE political view: Marcus How, Head of Analysis, ViennEast Consulting GmbH
- Moderation: Arnold Schuh, WU Vienna
Representatives of companies operating in the region share their views on the strategic
responses to the manifold crises and the search for new growth areas.
- Marlene Hölsken, Head of R&D, CEE Henkel Consumer Brands - How to deal with the green deal in CEE?
- Frank Gawor, CFO, Benedict GmbH – M&A, Green- and Blue-Field, Outsourcing to CEE?
- Zsolt Kelliar, COO, and Maria Baumgartner, CEO, HROS – HR in CEE – How to recruit the best talents for Start-Ups and new CEE investors?
- Kurt-Stuart Ristl, Head of Project Development, LSG Group - What is the potential for Renewable Energy in CEE?
The presentations and discussion address consumer behavior in CEE countries and promising
initiatives (e.g. RRF) for the whole region or specific countries of the region that represent
growth areas (e.g. infrastructure, green energy).
- CEE Consumers between hopes and fears: tighter wallets and rational shopping - Tobias Schediwy, Commercial Director CEE - Consumer Panel Services, GfK
- The EU Recovery and Resilience Facility - Matthias Koch, European Policy Department, Austrian Federal Economic Chamber
- The Regional view – Gerd Bommer, Regional Director Southeast Europe, Eastern Europe/Central Asia, ADVANTAGE AUSTRIA
- The Polish view – Valerie Breitenfeld, Austrian Deputy Trade Commissioner for Poland
- Moderation: Gudrun Hager, Regional Director Western and Central Europe, ADVANTAGE AUSTRIA
Drinks & Snacks